Did you miss the 2020 Diversity Summit? You can now access
and download all the recorded programming and content and gain powerful insight from some of the top speakers across the country.
The 2020 Diversity Summit
went beyond a simple understanding of what diversity means and why it matters with its theme "Leadership that Transcends: Diversity, Unity and Shared Prosperity
". This event drills down on specific actionable topics, including the impact and importance of leadership
when it comes to:
- Managing and growing a business with diversity, inclusion and equity as core values.
- Developing, attracting and retaining talent and workforce development.
- Creating spaces and opportunities for diversity, inclusion and equity in communities and workplaces and spaces that are intentional in creating and spreading opportunity for prosperity.
The event also spotlighted changes in the wake of COVID-19 with discussions on post-pandemic organizational flexibility that explores how office location and remote work affect diversity and inclusion.
Agenda at a Glance:
Welcome - 8:45 a.m.
Chamber Chairman Arthur DuCote
Opening Session - 9:00 a.m.
The Equality of Opportunity -
Rick Wade, VP Strategic Alliance & Outreach, US Chamber of Commerce
Plenary Session - 9:35 a.m.
Developing Your Future Workforce -
Brooks Harper, Author/Speaker/Career Expert
Concurrent Sessions - 10:25 a.m.
Keynote - 11:10 a.m.
Intentional Leadership -
- Educating the Workforce of the Future - Joylee S. Cain, Cofounder and CEO, WeeCat Industries and WildCat Industries and Director, Special Education, Enterprise City Schools; Deborah Owens, Cofounder and President, WeeCats Industries and WildCat Industries
- "Charting the Course" - Creating Your Roadmap to Success - Rodrigua Ross, VP, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
- Workplace: Navigating in a Disruptive World - Panel Discussion: Wade Preston, Co-Owner, Prevail Union Montgomery, Ashley Jernigan, Owner, JDB Hospitality LLC, and Felix Gilbert, Program Manager at Fearless & Owner, XCell.
Carla Harris, Vice Chairman, Managing Director and Senior Client Advisor, Morgan Stanley