Chamber Ambassadors are a prestigious group of volunteers who work for Chamber Member organizations, believe in the Chamber’s Mission and support their community. Ambassadors have an opportunity to not only represent and promote the Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce, but to meet and engage with other members, elected officials, key business stakeholders and promote their own business at various Chamber events.
- The term of an Ambassador is one calendar year from February to January.
- There is a $75 per person annual Ambassador Committee fee, which is non-refundable and must accompany your application.
- Your firm MUST be a Chamber member in good standing, in order for you to serve as an Ambassador.
- You must have the permission of your employer to participate in the Ambassador program.
- If you elect to run for public office during your Ambassador term, you must resign from being a Chamber Ambassador.
- Required events:
- MANDATORY Ambassador Orientation
- Quarterly Meetings
- Scheduled Monthly Networking Events (60-Minute Coffees/Business After Hours)
- Ribbon Cuttings
- ALL Ambassadors will be required to assist with New Member deliveries, Ribbon Cutting photo deliveries, retention deliveries and mentor initiatives.
- Ambassadors must sign-in at all events. Ambassador sign-in sheets will be on the registration tables/main entrance at all required events. You will not receive credit for attending the event if you have not signed in.
- Ambassadors are required to dress in business attire at all events and name badges must be worn. The Chamber will provide you with one name badge at the beginning of the year. If needed, additional name badges may be ordered throughout the year at your expense (cost is $20).
- Ambassadors who do not fulfill the above requirements will be asked to resign.
- A unique opportunity to connect and engage with business leaders throughout the Montgomery area and the River Region.
- Recognition at various Chamber events, and publications.
- Networking opportunities with representatives from a wide variety of businesses and organizations.
- Recognition among peers as a community leader and advocate for Montgomery, both individually and for the business or organization you represent.
- An opportunity to work “behind the scenes” on behalf of the Chamber at important events and activities that define the future of Montgomery and the River Region.
- Learn more about the growth & development of Montgomery and the River Region.
- Personal satisfaction and the opportunity to meet new people and make new connections and friends.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020 year and new applications for the 2021 year will be accepted in November 2020.