Companies in the program will develop digital services solutions with applications in defense, healthcare, and energy industries. During the program, companies will receive funding for meeting various milestones and will develop relationships with business leaders at regional institutions, including partners at Maxwell Air Force Base and Gunter Annex and Alabama Power Co.
“The accelerator program highlights technology-based opportunities in Montgomery that have the potential to attract companies from across the country,” said Marcus Shaw, founding director of MGM TechLab. “Our partner, MGMWERX has brought market leading experts DCODE and Fearless Tech to the program to mentor, train and coach the companies,” added Shaw.
Charisse Stokes, Executive Director of the Montgomery Chamber’s TechMGM initiative says this is a significant part of the area’s tech recruitment and development strategy: “The MGM TechLab adds a powerful asset to our area’s tech ecosystem and will catalyze and attract startups and entrepreneurs to launch their businesses and invest in Montgomery.”
“The Chamber is committed to working with our economic development partners at the local and state level to create opportunities like the MGM TechLab that will make the Montgomery area a competitive destination for the startups and tech talent that will bring greater prosperity to our region,” said Anna Buckalew, CEO of the Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce.
MGM TechLab will continue to work with participating companies after the 12-week program concludes to establish a presence and create jobs in the region.
The ten companies in the program come to Montgomery from across the United States.
- Analog Teams (Silver Spring, MD) is educating the next generation of globally distributed technical talent to fill the growing demand for technical skills.
- At Ease Rentals (Austin, TX) revolutionizes moves and work travel for federal employees through a short-term rental property platform with disruptive features including ease-of-use, reimbursement-transparency, and reliability.
- Lucky Rabbit (Dewey Beach, DE) is a digital services firm with experience using lean practices and agile methods to bridge the gap between old and new cultures of government.
- MedTrans Go (Atlanta, GA) is a B2B tech-enabled portal that provides healthcare providers access to reliable medical transportation, interpretation, telemedicine, and Rx delivery services in one easy-to-use, integrated digital platform.
- Monkton (Tysons Corner, VA) is a federal leader in secure mobility. Monkton builds mission critical apps and infinitely scalable solutions for Federal and commercial customers.
- Optimal Technology (Mableton, GA) lowers the cost of electricity bills for commercial customers by combining machine learning-enabled monitoring with high efficiency energy tech.
- Remediant (San Francisco, CA) provides enterprises with Privileged Access Management (PAM) software to help them protect their accounts from misuse and abuse.
- RIIS (New Braunfels, TX) provides data analytics services business, turning data into answers to real world problems.
- Sepio Systems (Rockville, MD) delivers a hardware access control (HAC) platform that reduces the risk of unapproved and rogue devices by providing complete visibility, control, and mitigation of all hardware assets.
- Wickr (New York, NY) transforms the way companies and organizations use and build systems that protect valuable, high-target data.
The Montgomery TechLab enhances the area’s thriving collection of innovation assets including MGMWERX, MGMix and the United States Air Force’s Air University and BESPIN, which are successfully bridging public and private sectors to develop innovative solutions and drive entrepreneurship in the city.
Created through a public/private partnership between the City, County, local economic development partners, IT companies and the Maxwell-Gunter Community, the Montgomery TechLab is the next step in creating an innovation district that will advance the area’s defined technology culture and will propel its tech and innovation entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The Accelerator launched on February 16 and runs through May 6. Learn more about the program at montgomerytechlab.com/programs.
About The Montgomery TechLab
The Montgomery TechLab (MGM TechLab) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing innovation and entrepreneurship in the Montgomery, Alabama region through education, acceleration, and incubation. MGM TechLab partners with local, regional, and national collaborators to provide technology-based workforce development, attract and support technology companies, and grow the regional innovation ecosystem. Growing Montgomery’s culture of technology and innovation is a critical part of the region’s economic development.
About Montgomery, Alabama
Montgomery, Alabama USA fosters a business-friendly environment and understands that a healthy mix of large and small businesses constitutes the lifeblood of the city and region. A long history of trusted public-private partnership between the city, county, state and local business leadership creates an inviting business ecosystem. Montgomery is built on a dynamic history rooted in revolution as the center of both the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement. On the forefront of cutting-edge development, Montgomery is attracting new businesses with its open internet exchange and opportunities for business growth, and new residents are coming for the city's work culture, transportation options and quality of life, including a revitalization of unique spaces in historic downtown with new attractions and diverse entertainment options. For more information, visit www.choosemontgomery.com.
Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce