Q: Why Should I Become a Chamber Ambassador (and How)?
A: It’s a fabulous networking opportunity offering multiple benefits to you and your business, but it's also a concrete way to get more involved in your city and region while assisting the Chamber in its mission.
What Ambassadors Are:
Ambassadors are a prestigious group of volunteers who work for Chamber member organizations, believe in the Chamber’s mission and support their community. Ambassadors have an opportunity to not only represent and promote the Chamber, but to meet and engage with other members, elected officials, key business stakeholders and promote their own business at various Chamber events.
The term of an Ambassador is one calendar year from February to January. Your firm or business must be a Chamber member, and in a good standing.
7 GREAT BENEFITS:
- The opportunity to make valuable contacts with business leaders throughout the Montgomery area and the River Region.
- Recognition at Chamber events, Board meetings and in Chamber publications.
- Networking opportunities with representatives from a wide variety of businesses and organizations.
- Recognition among peers as a community leader, both individually and for the business or organization you represent.
- An opportunity to work “behind the scenes” on behalf of the Chamber at important events and activities that define the future of Montgomery and the River Region.
- Learning more about the growth and development of Montgomery and the River Region.
- Personal satisfaction plus the opportunity to meet new people and make new connections and friends.
The Real Deal
LaTisha Simpson, Retail Branch Manager at Woodforest National Bank, has been a Chamber Ambassador for five years and shared what she enjoys about the experience, both personally and professionally.
“Being an Ambassador has awarded me unlimited networking opportunities. But it’s not just about the networking, it’s about building relationships, gaining new friends and associates. It has also brought brand awareness for the bank. Nothing sells your business better than being in front of people face to face. The Business After Hours and 60-Minute Coffee events give you that contact with future clients.”