During the 2019 Annual Meeting, the Chamber presented its second annual Impact Maker Awards, sponsored by Sabel Steel, which honored individuals and companies making a signiﬁcant difference in the region. Congrats to all!
The 2019 MGM Impact Makers
- Individual Winner: Charles Lee, That’s My Child
- Small Business Winner: Montgomery Zoo
- Nonprofit Winner: Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama
- Mid-Size Business Winner: Guardian Credit Union
- Large Business Winner: Alabama State University
MGM Impact Maker Program Details:
The Montgomery Chamber strives to make significant impacts in the region through the Imagine a Greater Montgomery strategy, and honors and recognizes member businesses within the community who are also making an impact in the following areas:
- Talent – Education, Workforce Development, Recruiting and Maintaining Young Talent
- Economy – Creating and Preserving Jobs, Small Business Development, Economic Development and Corporate Recruitment
- Image – Transforming Montgomery’s Image and Quality of Place for Locals, Business Owners and Visitors
- Community – Foster Collaboration among Elected Leadership; Engage Business Stakeholders & Business Owners to Increase Community Capacity
- Military – Making Montgomery the Best Hometown in the Air Force by supporting military neighbors and families and helping develop new industry verticals that sustain Maxwell-Gunter Air Force base and enrich the entire River Region.