2020 Progress Report & 148th Annual Meeting Recap
The Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce began the year with a more strategic, focused approach to economic development — a short list of priorities driven by a simple goal – that we must Accelerate Growth in Montgomery Alabama.
And this year ...we moved the needle.
- Named a Top 20 Economic Development Organization by Site Selection Magazine
- Received two prestigious international destination sales and marketing awards
- Launched the comprehensive Recover Together Effort to address COVID Impacts
- Our Small Business Connect Hotline received more than 200 calls and provided 123 one-on-one counseling sessions
- Launched the Recover Together Small Business HUB which continues to help unite businesses and provide ongoing, one-on-one assistance
- Awarded $445,000 to over 137 Businesses through the Recover Together Small Business Relief Fund
- Innovated an in-house production studio and transformed 40+ signature events into high quality virtual experiences
- Announced 25 new and expanding industrial projects with capital investment exceeding $75M
- Maxwell-Gunter named the base of choice for a new Grey Wolf MH-139 training mission
Our community has come together in extraordinary ways in 2020 – not only to face the crisis of covid-19, but to face the greatest obstacle and opportunity we had wrestled with for far too long – transforming our public schools. An incredible coalition of elected, business and community leaders - and citizens - joined hands to solve a longstanding problem in a bold new way. And at the center of it all was your Chamber – raising the bar and doing what we do best –bringing partners around the table to find a way forward together.
These accomplishments demonstrate the power of partnership in action. That same spirit of partnership is at the heart of the Chamber’s mission. It is how we rallied to the unique challenges of 2020, while keeping a laser focus to drive economic prosperity and a better future for all.
As our members and partners, your investment fuels this work. And this work is making a difference.
The Chamber also presented its third annual Impact Maker Awards, which honored individuals and companies making a significant difference in the region. Congrats to all!
- Individual Winner: Jevonnah Ellison, The Entrepreneurial 1st Lady, LLC
- Small Business Winner: Down with the Pounds
- Mid-Size Business Winner: Chappy’s Deli
- Large Business Winner: MOBIS Alabama, LLC
- Nonprofit Business Winner: The Cancer Wellness Foundation of Central Alabama