- Relief & Recovery
- Recovery & Reopening
- Local Information & Resources
- State Orders and Announcements
- Employment & Unemployment Resources
- Federal Relief and Announcements
- Military and DoD
- Additional Resources
As our community continues to navigate through this unprecedented time, the Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce’s goals and objectives have not changed; we’re here to see you and your business succeed. Our dedicated team is still here and ready to provide your business with solutions and resources to #keepMGMworking.
In order to provide current, real-time information, this resource page will change daily, so please check back for additional resources.
Recover Together Small Business Hub
Montgomery Leaders Launch One-stop Hub for Small Business Support
Recover Together Small Business HUB (Helping Business Unite), is a free, one-stop clearinghouse to connect small and minority businesses to the resources and information they need most as they emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
- Recover Together Small Business Hub Resource Line: 334-226-7529
- Recover Together
- Small Business Hub FAQ
Are You Reopening and Need PPE?
Securing PPE is an issue, so we have created a document with a list of state wide and national vendors available for download. please check the list often as we will continue to monitor it and update it often.
- 2020 Return To Work Mitigation Plan Post COVID-19
- EPA, CDC Release Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools and Homes
- Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Reopening America Guidance
- Montgomery County Commission launches new Emergency Rental Assistance Montgomery County program, ERAMCo
The Montgomery County Commission is pleased to announce the new Emergency Rental Assistance Montgomery County Program, ERAMCo. ERAMCo provides financial assistance to qualifying Montgomery County residents to prevent homelessness, housing instability, potential eviction, and financial hardships due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Funds may be used to provide up to 15 months of assistance for rent, utilities including electricity, gas, water, sewer, internet & trash, and past due rent and utilities dating back to as early as March 13, 2020.
NEW! Governor Ivey Announces COVID-19 Public Health Order and State of Emergency to End
Governor Kay Ivey announced that Alabama’s COVID-19 public health order will end Monday, May 31, 2021, and the state of emergency will end Tuesday, July 6, 2021.
Governor Ivey Launches State’s Guide to COVID-19 Relief Efforts
Governor Kay Ivey announced the launch of altogetheralabama.org, an online resource that will serve as a hub of information for the state’s response to the coronavirus crisis.
NEW! Governor Kay Ivey Announces End of Participation in All Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Programs
Governor Kay Ivey announced today that Alabama will end its participation in all federally funded pandemic unemployment compensation programs effective June 19, 2021 including:
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC), which provides for an additional $300 weekly payment to recipients of unemployment compensation.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), which provides benefits for those who would not usually qualify, such as the self-employed, gig workers, and part-time workers,
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC), which provides for an extension of benefits once regular benefits have been exhausted, and
- Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC), which provides an additional $100 benefit to certain people with mixed earnings.
NEW! $1.9 Trillion in New COVID Relief Signed Into Law
The bill, referred to as the American Rescue Plan of 2021 will provide billions of dollars in assistance for individual Americans, states and local governments, schools, and small businesses while providing additional funding to support vaccination distribution programs and public health activities.
Some of the major provisions of the American Rescue Plan include:
- $350 billion for states and local governments
- $14 billion for vaccine distribution
- $130 billion for elementary, middle, and high schools to assist with reopening
- $300 per week jobless benefits through September
- $1,400 stimulus checks capped at individuals making less than $80,000 per year and households earning $160,000 per year
- Payments of up to $3,600 per child
Beyond these major provisions, the American Rescue Plan includes a number of provisions meant to directly support the business community and places a particular focus on assistance to the hard-hit hospitality and tourism industries:
- Employee Retention Credit extended until December 31, 2021
- Expands eligibility to new startups that were established after February 15, 2020
- Expands eligibility to companies whose revenue dropped 90% compared to the previous year
- $7.25 billion for the Paycheck Protection Program
- $15 billion for Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Advance Grants for the Targeted AIDL Advance Program
- Establishes a Restaurant Revitalization Fund and provides $25 billion in relief targeted at small and midsize restaurants and chains
- $1.25 billion for shuttered venue operators grants
- $135 million in funding for grant programs through the National Endowment for the Arts
- The American Rescue Plan and the Arts and Creative Industries FAQ
- $135 million in funding for grant programs through the National Endowment for the Humanities
- $10 billion to reauthorize the State Small Business Credit Initiative for socially and economically disadvantaged business owners
PPP Resumes in Conjunction with the $900B in New COVID Aid
The Small Business Administration in consultation with the U.S. Treasury Department has resumed the Paycheck Protection Program. First draw PPP loan applications will initially be accepted by CFIs, which include Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), Minority Depository Institutions (MDIs), Certified Development Companies (CDCs), and Microloan Intermediaries.
Treasury, IRS unveil online application to help with Economic Impact Payments
Get My Payment allows people to provide direct deposit information and gives payment date
Trustmark Announces Opening of PPP Application Portal
Trustmark is pleased to announce the opening of the application portal for additional business funding through the Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
EXCELERATE AMERICA LAUNCHES FUNDING FINDER
Funding Finder is the new online tool that connects small businesses to the financial help that they need. Simply enter the business zip code and our database will list the programs available right now.
The Federal Reserve Establishes the Main Street Lending Program that is designed to enhance support for small and mid-size businesses that were in good standing before the crisis by offering 4-year loans to companies employing up to 10,000 workers or with revenues of less than $2.5 billion.
Guidance for Infrastructure Workers
- Updated Guidance for Critical Infrastructure Workforce and OSHA Guidance
- Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- If you are an essential critical worker who has been exposed to Covid-19
FICA Penalty Waiver
Good news for employers trying to keep their employees on the payroll during the pandemic.
Center for Disease Control
The most up-to-date information on the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to protect yourself and your loved ones. Scroll to the bottom of the home page to enter your email address to receive updates about COVID-19.
World Health Organization
WHO works worldwide to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation - Corporate Aid Tracker
When disasters strike, businesses mobilize their expertise, capabilities, and community resources to assist with the relief and recovery efforts. Use this site to see what companies are doing to assist with the needs of businesses and communities in responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
FEMA - Coronavirus Rumor Control
The purpose of this FEMA page is to help the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the response to coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Rumors can easily circulate within communities during a crisis. Do your part to the stop the spread of disinformation by doing 3 easy things; don’t believe the rumors, don’t pass them along and go to trusted sources of information to get the facts about the federal (COVID-19) response.
Maxwell-Gunter entry gates move to 100% ID check
In compliance with recent Department of Defense guidance, Maxwell Air Force Base and Gunter Annex will implement 100 percent ID checks effective April 20, 2020.
Resources in Response to the Novel Coronavirus
In response to COVID-19, the Department of Defense is prioritizing the protection of our forces—including service members and their dependents, civilians, and contractors—maintaining mission readiness, and supporting the whole-of-government effort to fight this virus. The Department’s latest updates on COVID-19 are available here.
Partnering with the U.S. Defense Industrial Base to Combat COVID-19
The Office of Industrial Policy continues to partner with the defense industrial base to mitigate impacts from COVID-19. This page contains resources for companies and other stakeholders as they navigate the complexities associated with the virus.
Office of the Under Secretary of Defense
Effective immediately, for procurements valued at $100 million or less, contracting officers are not required to execute a justification and obtain approval for award of a sole source contract under the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) program.
Unite and Fight
In a time of unprecedented change and disruption, the Department of the Air Force has established the Unite and Fight: COVID-19 Response Team initiative to assess and rapidly respond to challenges presented by this pandemic. To kick off the effort, they are collecting information from both government and non-government personnel who are interested in getting involved. All resources and solutions are welcome from industry, academia, Department of Defense personnel, venture capital firms, individual contributors and more. This is an opportunity for our small business community to offer ideas and innovations that may take root on a larger scale.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The U.S. Chamber website provides guidance on a number of topics regarding the virus and how businesses are responding.
U.S Chamber of Commerce Foundation Launches Save Small Business Fund.
The Save Small Business Fund is a grantmaking initiative offering short-term relief for small employers in the United States and its territories.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
Alabama Department of Insurance
The Alabama Department of Insurance has issued guidance to health insurance carriers responding to the COVID-19 virus.
Alabama Restaurant and Hospitality Association
The ARHA represents over 1,200 members including restaurants, lodging, tourism, and hospitality service companies.
ALBME and MLC Institute Emergency Medical Licensing Procedures
The Alabama Board of Medical Examiners and the Medical Licensure Commission have adopted emergency administrative rules and procedures allowing for the emergency licensing of qualified medical personnel. These measures will allow physicians and physician assistants who possess full and unrestricted medical licenses from appropriate medical licensing agencies to apply for and receive temporary emergency licenses to practice in Alabama for the duration of the declared COVID-19 health emergency. Physicians with retirement waivers will be able to obtain emergency reinstatement of their licenses without completing the 25 credits of continuing medical education that would normally be required.
Resources to help your small business manage through uncertainty
Here are some tips and recommendations to help you navigate this for your employees and customers.
Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS)
Six Ways to Prevent a Virus From Disrupting Your Business