FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Alabama Launchpad Chooses Finalists for Competition in Montgomery
(Birmingham, Alabama, February 17, 2020) Alabama Launchpad, a program of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA), is proud to announce that its judges have chosen six finalists to participate in its final pitch competition on February 27th in Montgomery, Alabama.
Alabama Launchpad has finalists in two stages of its competition: those in the concept stage, who are usually pre-revenue, and those in the early seed stage, who are looking to accelerate the growth of their existing business. According to Pitchbook, Alabama Launchpad is the state’s most active early seed funding source and to date has funded 90 startups, invested $5.3 million with a post money valuation of +$325 million.
The companies competing in the concept stage, who will be competing for $50,000, are:
- Acclinate Genetics, a Huntsville-based company addressing the lack of diversity in clinical drug trials
- Pure Game Sports Network, a sports media & marketing company created for high school athletic departments and fans
- Smart Solutions, whose products offer assistive technology allowing more living independence for persons with disabilities
The companies in the early seed stage, who will be competing for $100,000, are:
- Buolo Solutions, a company connecting professional women to talent-seeking companies with flexible jobs
- CerFlux, a cancer-fighting company creating personalized medicine solutions to identify the best and most effective cancer therapeutics for patients
- MOXIE, whose engineering team is producing custom-designed IOT solutions for clients within 30 days
With a combined $150,000 at stake, these companies will pitch to a panel of judges and an audience at an evening event at the Warehouse at Alley Station in Montgomery, Alabama.
“We are proud to support these innovative entrepreneurs,” said EDPA President Steve Spencer. “Alabama Launchpad is here to serve early stage companies all over Alabama, and we look forward to seeing these finalists compete onstage in our state’s capital.”
Please follow the future of Alabama Launchpad startup pitch competitions, specialized events, and how to become involved at www.alabamalaunchpad.com.
Contact: Dennis Leonard