Assistant to President and Sales Assistant
Title: Assistant to President and Sales Assistant Date: February 5, 2020
Compensation: Salary Opening: Immediate
Hours: Full-time, 8a-5pm
Join Sutton & Associates, a division of Alabama World Travel, celebrating 49 years of serving Montgomery and clients around the United States. Sutton & Associates manages Incentive Group Travel for multiple Corporations and organizations with a commitment to high-touch service and customized travel experiences. The President’s role includes responsibilities over Alabama World Travel and Sutton & Associates and in the community. This dual role includes assisting the President and providing Sales assistance securing new leads and appointments with companies that utilize Incentive Travel to grow sales and enhance relationships. The right candidate will join a team of highly dedicated professionals. The candidate must embrace a servant leader heart, natural passion for gracious and professional customer service, sales, and personal accountability.
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting the President professionally and personally through her multiple roles, securing appointments with decision makers responsible for booking their company’s travel incentives and other sales initiatives. This includes organizing and managing the President, managing the sales process, research, and communications. Disciplined follow through with documentation is required. Success will be measured by managing the President’s role seamlessly, securing qualified appointments, and supporting sales for Sutton & Associates that drives new revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support President with responsibilities, projects, and sales.
- Identify and manage action items from meetings, conferences, and calls.
- Prospect, manage leads, and secure appointments that result in new sales for Sutton & Associates.
- Collaborate and work in partnership with Sutton & Associates BDM (Business Development Manager).
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of prospects who utilize group travel incentives.
- Organize and maintain working documents that support the sales process.
- Create on-line webinars and/or power points to promote Sutton & Associates to qualified prospects.
- Adhere to Alabama World Travel/ Sutton & Associates policies, guidelines and core values.
- Learn and actively stay abreast of Incentive Travel Industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passionate, resilient, driven, strong self-initiative and solution oriented.
- Exceptional with research, communications, and developing relationships.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Suite, Google Forms, LinkedIn.
- Organized, disciplined, detail oriented and tenacious.
- High-level verbal and written communications with excellent documentation.
- Disciplined follow up without supervision or reminders.
- Responsible, persistent, adaptable, and accountable.
- Establish priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task, schedule appointments, and meet objectives with little supervision.
- Aptitude for learning - a natural drive and initiative to seek out learning opportunities.
- Work independently and as a team with commitment to personal accountability.
- Self-motivated, organized, disciplined, and dependable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to represent the President and company.
- Embrace a positive attitude, spirit, and genuine care towards others.
- Strong work ethic, confident, humble, with desire to grow personally and professionally.
- Excellent skills addressing and resolving challenges.
Credentials and Experience:
- Two years related experience or 4-year college degree with some related experience.