Governmental Affairs falls under the Military & Governmental Affairs Department. The goals are to protect and strengthen military and federal programs impacting the local economy, pursue the development of infrastructure that encourages business growth, and encourage a cooperative spirit with local governments.
The Chamber acts as an advocate for pro-business policies and legislation that promotes economic growth.
Military & Governmental Affairs Staff
Governmental Affairs Task Force
Chairman: Horace Horn, PowerSouth Energy
Staff Liaison: Joe Greene, Vice President, Military & Governmental Affairs
- Monitor issues and legislation at the local, state and federal level and make policy and position recommendations to the Chamber Board of Directors on key issues impacting the Montgomery area business climate.
- Host routine briefings and other educational forums to foster communication and trust among elected officials.
- Develop an Inter City Visit program focused on key elements of the Imagine a Greater Montgomery strategy.
- Develop the joint City/County/Chamber federal request and issues agenda for submission to the Alabama Congressional Delegation.
- Act as a catalyst on key initiatives and infrastructure projects as needed, such as the Outer Loop/I-85 Connector.
Click here for important governmental links, inlcuding city, county, state and federal elected officials.