Goal II: Diversify Economic Growth
Objective 5: Prepare for success through the continuous development and improvement of the area’s infrastructure and economic development tools.
In order to compete in the international market, Greater Montgomery must continue to prepare for future development by preparing product, tools and infrastructure.
- Ensure the availability of a full spectrum of fully-prepared industrial sites and buildings in the region.
- Continue to improve and develop transportation networks to enhance business and industries’ ability to move people and products.
- Continue to expand competitive incentive tools available to assist new and expanding business at both the state and local levels.
- Develop a close working relationship with City of Montgomery departments in order to assist new and existing business and industries through the permitting process and regulatory procedures necessary for start up and expanding operations.
- Work for the expansion of Montgomery Regional Airport’s service, which is currently typified by few direct flights and expensive airfares that significantly hinder business and tourism recruitment efforts.
- Develop and market the technology infrastructure necessary to support recommended target clusters.