Goal I: Champion Education and Develop Competitive Regional Talent
Objective 1: Continue to strive for public pre-K–12 education success and excellence.
Since the first implementation actions of Imagine a Greater Montgomery, the community leadership has been focused on increasing the capacity, opportunities, and performance of its public schools. To truly take the region to the next level, these successful programs must be expanded to accommodate increased demand. In addition, the community is ready for new and different actions not thought possible five years ago.
- Broaden the availability of magnet schools and career academies.
- Engage in tactical efforts to close racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps among public school systems’ students.
- Effectively transition high school students into postsecondary education, training, and job opportunities
in the Montgomery region.
- Boost enrollment in the region’s pre-K programs.
- Increase Chamber members’ participation in career shadowing and internships with middle and high school students.
- Foster the parent involvement and neighborhood development critical to improving student outcomes.